Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New Floors and Paint!

I haven't been this excited about anything for a long time. Every house we have ever owned has had white carpet. That's always a pain to keep clean but lately with 5 kids and two dogs it was getting impossible. After months of the hardwood vs. laminate debate, we settled with some commercial grade high gloss laminate that looks like wood. In a high traffic home like ours, the wood would have been beautiful but we would have scratched it up in 6 months. I couldn't wait to see what this looked like installed!
...but first there was some painting to do. It only made sense to get the painting done when it didn't matter if some slopped onto the floor.

So glad I married a guy that isn't afraid to work!

The whole house was painted in four different shades of brown. We switched over to yellows and I LOVE it!


This accent wall was blue, which I have never been a fan of. I loved the red wall in my last house, but it was a bit dark. We compromised with this terra cotta color and it's growing on me.


Here's Meili overseeing the work being done...

Also painted the office in the terra cotta color...

And the floor is done! It is so easy to clean, and the kids are loving the echo...:) Will post more pics with the furniture in soon!

No comments: