Thursday, December 08, 2005

Still Waiting...

Well, it has been more than 2 weeks since we were fingerprinted and we have yet to recieve our I-171H. If I am having this much trouble waiting 2 weeks for a piece of paper, I can't imagine what it will be like to wait the rumored 10-12 months for our referral!

Last week we had an I-171H false alarm. I went to the mailbox and found an envelope with a USCIS return address on it. I ran in the house and scared the kids to death with my hyperventilating and yelling, "It came! It came!" I opened it to find somebody else's fingerprinting instructions. What a let down!!! Then the joy continued while I tried to contact someone to fix the problem. Since my address was attached to somebody else's name, I knew it had to be fixed in the USCIS computer system so that they could get their appointment and so we could get our I-171H. Anyway...problem solved.

I guess I am glad to have Christmas preparations to keep my busy while I wait. In fact I should check the calendar and find the day that I am most busy in the near future. That would be a great indicator of when the I-171H is sure to arrive-the day that I have absolutely no time to get it copied, notarized and sent off with Mailing #2 to our agency....Okay, I checked and that day would be either tomorrow or next Tuesday. Let's see if Murphy's Law prevails.

No comments: