Saturday, October 13, 2007

Momentous Occasion

We just returned from a three day camping trip but that's not the momentous occasion. What is??? Well, this is the first time posting from the new laptop! It's our first and another one of those purchases where after a few days you can't remember what life was like without it. I find myself daydreaming about using it to blog from China with Meili sitting on my lap...Anyway on to the camping report: I had a home study appt. 3 hours away and the kids were out of school and Matt was off of work so we decided to make a vacation out of it. Matt dropped me off at the clients' home while he set up camp and then we stopped by again on the way home. Good deal. We hung out at a lake and had a blast.

Here's a picture of the kids in the natural hot spring/hot tub.
On the 10th, we 'celebrated' our 19 month LID-versary by
hiking the Ladybug Trail on Mt. Graham.

Water and dirt is about all that is needed to entertain these boys for days on end.
Xander, whose joy at playing in the dirt can only be surpassed by the joy he finds in being free to pee in bushes.

It was scary, but we let the dog off the leash in public for the first time so he could fetch a stick from the water. He loves to swim! And yes, he is now also a canoeing enthusiast but no matter how nicely we asked, he refused to help paddle.

4 comments:

Ava's family said...

Looks like some fun times! A new laptop is on my Christmas wish list...I hope I've been good this year! =)

Lisa and Tate said...

Congrats on the laptop! Love mine but having trouble getting used to the small keyboard.

What a fun way to celebrate 19... hiking Ladybug Trail.

OziMum said...

I can't believe you still have that canoe!!! I must add, I was relieved to see the very calm/still water!!!

Camping is the best family activity, ever. Not necessarily the most relaxing - but definitely the most memorable for the kids!

Chelley said...

That looks like FUN!

We are yet to try camping with the kids!

Def a must!