Monday, November 16, 2009

First Day of School-Take Two

On the day that our stuff arrived in Florida, we sent Noah and Xander off for their first day at their new school. This is our first experience with school uniforms. So far, so good. I like the collared shirt thing but it makes for some very boring clothes shopping-khaki or navy pants and blue, white or gold shirts. The kids also eat a free breakfast at school. It makes the mornings at home really easy-one less mess to clean up! In AZ, the boys caught a bus to school at the end of our street. Now, we live about a 5 minute walk from the school so I walk the boys with Meili in the stroller and sit with them while they eat and then walk them to their classes. I'm guessing that eventually I'll drop them off at breakfast and leave but the school is HUGE (1100+ kids!) and feels like a hs campus to me so I can only imagine what they think about it. I don't want them getting lost. So far they don't mind Mom tagging along with them in the morning. We'll see how long it lasts.

Here's Noah gearing up for class: And Xander with his new teacher, Mrs. Nicely. Isn't that a great name for a Kindergarten teacher?

No comments: