Friday, October 07, 2005

Finally...A Blog of My Own

Well...after spending the better part of a year reading other people's blogs and websites, this is my meager attempt to create our own. It is so exciting to finally be out of the "talking about it" phase and into the "doing something about it" phase. So what if we have been subject to everything short of a full body-cavity search! (With my luck, we get a request for that tomorrow! :o/ We are going to get our China-Girl!!! Once I figure this thing out, I'll transfer our timeline to the blog from my spiral notebook. But, suficeth to say that right now we are about to wrap up our homestudy-last meeting with our social worker on Monday evening. We have all homestudy documents in hand ready to heave them over that night. We recieved Matt's elusive birth certificate in the mail today (Thank you Grandma Debbie!) so we were able to send off the I-600a. The homestudy should be wrapped up and certified at about the same time that our passports arrive by mail (in about 4 weeks.) At that point, once we recieve our I171-H, we should be ready to send our dossier documents off to our agency. For those of you who don't speak adoptionese, we could be ready to send our papers off to China as early as December!!! That means that we could possibly be travelling to China as soon as September of '06. But don't start counting down yet-many things could change that estimate. Right now I am trying to enjoy the process (not the journey!) knowing that our baby is safely floating in amniotic fluid somewhere on the other side of the globe without a care in the world. Once we know that she has likely been born, the mood will be a bit more frantic!

No comments: