Saturday, October 08, 2005

Why Am I Posting an Easter Picture in October?

Because I am an amateur blogger that is why!!! I thought I was adding a picture to the profile information but there it is nonetheless!!! Oh well, if you didn't know what we looked like before, now you do! Let's talk a bit about pictures... We are required to send a variety of "family life" pictures to China. This is the source of much stress for us especially since the Chinese officials use these pictures to match you with your child. Despite the stress, I had determined that it would be much more difficult and time consuming to "stage" these pictures so I went through our recent pictures looking for some that might be passable. In so doing, I have discovered a few things... First of all, since one of us is usually behind the camera, there are very few pictures of all of us as a family. Second, the one behind the camera is almost always me. If I sent what we have to China, the officials there may not believe that this child will in fact have a mother. Third, apparently I am not very creative in the "what to wear when we go on a family outing" department. Matt and I went to New York City almost two years ago. While there, I purchased a black visor with a NYC logo on it. In my picture search, it appears that I have worn that hat and a ponytail everytime I have left the house since that vacation! So... it looks as if we will be off to the studio for some portraits and planning to stage some photos afterall. If I still want them to appear to be an accurate representation of how we live, does that mean that I should submit one entitled "toilet scrubbing"?

No comments: