Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Been Busy!!!

I've been away from my blog for a week-and a busy one it has been! Now that the dossier is in China, I'll probably be a weekly blogger instead of a daily-stalker. I've just got too much to do and the wait just seems longer when I dwell on it on a daily basis. So, I'll continue to keep you updated on our adoption wait if anything exciting develops and use my blog as a way to chronicle our family life until we get our referral and are able to go back in time and see what we were up to when Meili was born, etc. Here are some highlights of the past week:

Taylor loves cub scouts-we do too!!! He learns a lot of valuable skills and has a great bunch of friends to meet with each week. He also has some great scout leaders. Last Thursday was the annual Pinewood Derby. Taylor made a "space taxi." It looked much better than it raced-but fun was had by all...

Matt took the day off on Friday and we went to Spring Training-Colorado Rockies vs. Chicago White Sox. The Rockies skunked them (didn't the White Sox just win the World Series last year?) We weren't prepared for the 85 degree temps-it was March 2nd for Pete's sake! Needless to say, most of us are burnt and peeling.


In all the ruckus I managed to send out my first batch of 100 Good Wishes Quilt squares and wishes. I couldn't resist the lady bugs! If you are interested in swapping-check out the link to the right. If you have had your fill of ladybugs, let me know in your e-mail. I bought enough material for about 4 different schemes. I didn't want to get bored either! Many thanks to those of you who have sent squares and wishes to us! I'll post some pics of them on the Quilt link as soon as my husband returns with my camera. It has been so much fun getting squares in the mail-beats the heck out of stalking the mailbox for that darn I-171H!!!


On Saturday night, we had a block party with a "Drive-In Movie" theme. The kids had a blast decorating their "cars" and our neighbors (Thanks Rich and Linda!) set up a projector and showed a movie on their garage door. It was a bit chilly so the kids were bundled up with the movie while the adults huddled around a firepit and roasted marshmallows while we chatted. Lots of fun...way too much food!!!

We have also been painting the master bedroom. Matt's about done with the chair rail and about to do the crown molding. It's looking great! We'll pick up our new furniture on Friday. I'm kicking myself for not taking a before picture. It's already hard to remember what it used to look like.

I've also been working on my first homestudy-so different to be on "the other side" and exciting to play a part in helping families bring their children home.

Well, it's amazing what a person can do when all of their energy isn't focussed on compiling dossier documents! See you next week!

3 comments:

Pug Mama said...

Both of my boys are cub scouts also. Have you all camped out yet with your troop? I am soooo not a camping person, but it is amazing what we will do for our children!

Jenn said...

We haven't done an over-nighter yet with the troop, but we are a camping family. In fact, we just bought a used tent-trailer that we are determined will see more than the side of our house in its lifetime. I have to admit, though, my main motivation for going camping is my husband's dutch-oven cooking...and the s'mores!

Elle said...

You are busy I think it is awesome that you are doing your first homestudy!

Thank you for your wonderful wish!