Friday, December 05, 2008

'Merry Christmas' by Third Day

Matt is deeply touched by the 'Christmas Shoes' song that plays on the radio this time of year. It makes me want to vomit and yell at the radio. I'm convinced that it is a contrived attempt to empty wallets. Whoever wrote it is getting neither a penny nor a tear from me!

I feel much differently about this song, however. It's not played on the radio nearly as often as 'Christmas Shoes.' I'm guessing that is because not many members of the general population can relate to it. We can. If you are a friend or family member, you may want to grab a tissue before watching the video. If you're also waiting for your child from China, several tissues and good fistful of chocolate are in order before hitting the play button.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy8RW6aHXWQ

We have already spent several Christmases waiting for Meili. This one is particularly hard knowing that since we are so close to referral, it is very likely that she has been born and will spend the winter in a Chinese orphanage. It's almost too difficult to even think about. I just pray that she will be safe, healthy and well cared for until we can bring her home.

2 comments:

Kim said...

HUGS GIRLY..
This will be your last Christmas..
I will have one more to go through..
HUGS..
Have a Great Weekend..

Ava's family said...

I feel the same way you to about the "Christmas Shoes" song!!

I've been avoiding the Third Day song for weeks now, but finally made myself listen to it again. And I cried. Again. It's just so hard, but I don't have to tell you that.