- As a child, you would cue a cassette tape to record any MJ song that might come in over the radio and owned enough buttons, posters and MJ paraphernilia to fill a small museum.
- As a sophomore in hs, you cried until your 9 months pregnant mother drove you into South Central Los Angeles to see MJ at a school dedication ceremony. You went, saw him from behind a chain-link fence and had callouses on your hands for months from the death grip you held on the fence while you screamed his name. Thanks, Mom. :)
- Your family went to the Bad Tour in 1988 and you're pretty sure that was the family vacation that year.
- As an adult, a friend once brought dinner and phoned in your regrets to a church obligation so that you could stay home and watch the 2 hour MJ/Martin Bashir interview.
- Your kids know every word to most MJ songs, but still ask every once in a while if he is a boy or a girl.
- You once showed up to hip hop dance class and the teacher turned the class over to you to teach the Thriller routine...and you did it...and not as a teen-this was about 18 months ago.
- There is a pair of Michael Jackson LA Gears in the closet that you can't seem to part with.
- You have a dog named Jackson.
- When he passes away, your phone starts ringing off the hook with calls-including one from your brother checking to make sure you haven't committed suicide over the news.
- And your friends show up at your doorstep wearing black , carrying candles and a makeshift shrine...
Unfortunately, I wasn't home when they arrived. (I had put on my Bad Tour concert T and headed out to a candlelight vigil-wish I was joking.) Taylor took this pic and showed it to me when we got home. Seriously, ladies-I laughed so hard I almost peed. Good friends. :)
Michael Jackson-The King of Pop 1958-2009