Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Flashback Breakfast

I came across a recipe on a blog that took me back to my childhood. In 1981, I was seven years old. Grandma and Grandpa took me with them on a trip to Oklahoma. It was there that I was introduced to CHOCOLATE GRAVY but I've only dreamed about it since. That was, until this morning!

Here's the recipe-


CHOCOLATE GRAVY


1/3 stick butter

2/3 C. Sugar

2T flour/or cornstarch

1/3 C cocoa

2 C whole milk


Melt butter, add dry ingredients, whisk, add 1/2 C milk, whisk, add rest, whisk until thick.

Serve over open biscuits.


I'm sure these would have been heavenly on their own....

but THIS was certainly to die for!

Biked 6 miles with Noah after we ate this morning. Probably need to bike another 20 miles to make up for the calories but so worth it!

No comments: