Friday, July 08, 2011

Proud to Be Chinese...

Our girl has just barely turned three years old, but she knows that she was born in China and can easily recognize things and people who are Chinese. That in and of itself isn't anything too spectacular, but to me the light in her eyes when she talks about China is. She recently found a drawer full of the Chinese dresses that we bought for her in China and you would have thought that she discovered the lost city of Atlantis. Her latest addiction is the Mei Mei and Me series of videos and it blows me away to hear her recite Chinese phrases along with the video. Her brain is definitely wired for tonal language. She wants to go to China and 'dance with the kids' in the video. Hmmm. I can't wait until she is old enough to travel to and learn about her China. My hope for her is that she will be as proud to be Chinese as I am to be her mother.

Getting ready for bed-favorite pjs.









No comments: