Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I'm at it again...

Weight loss, that is! I've decided to join in on Lisa's Weigh-In Wednesdays and the Feb 2006 DTC group's Great Wait Makeover. I've lost 36 pounds slowly over the last 2 years but now it's time to get the job done!!! I noticed on the CCAA Website that there are new guidelines and qualifications for potential adoptive parents coming out soon. Rumor has it that these will most likely include a weight requirement. I don't think that I will be refused a child because I'm 10-20 pounds overweight but I would like to be able to climb the Great Wall without having a heart attack and I'd like to look back at Gotcha Day pics and see something besides the "Oprah Flab" under my arms. I also know that when I'm at my goal weight and exercising regularly, I have alot more energy. With 5 kids, I'm going to need every scrap of energy that I can get!!!

So here's a bold move-and more of a reference for myself than anything. I'm 5' 9" (if I round up) and my starting weight is 163.0-I'm up a few since my surgery last month. My official WW goal weight is 155 but I was able to get down to 145 before I became pregnant with Xander and I was very happy at that weight. I could wear 8's and 10's which on my frame is about as good as it is going to get. So...a 10 pound loss would be good and a 20 pound loss would be great! I think that if I can get down to 145 again, a new China-travel wardrobe is in order. I'll keep you posted!

I'm thinking that in honor of "Weigh-In Wednesday" I'll post a low-cal recipe each week. Here's a good old standby to start with:

Weight Watchers Garden Vegetable Soup
(0 Points per 1 Cup Serving)

2/3 cup sliced carrot
1/2 cup diced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups fat free broth(beef, chicken or veg)
1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage
1/2 cup green beans
1 T. tomato paste
1/2 t. dried basil
1/4 t. dried oregano
1/4 t. salt
1/2 cup diced zucchini

1. In a large saucepan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, saute the carrot, onion, and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.

2. Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano,and salt; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until beans are tender.

3. Stir in zucchini and heat 3-4 minutes. Serve hot. Makes four 1-cup servings.

Ok, let's see how long this diet will last!!! ;oD

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Good for you ! I too am working on losing weight ~ 17 lb.s since January. I have the same thoughts about being able to scale the Great Wall ( LID 2/17 ) as well. Btw ~ your pictures are adorable, you look great! Best of luck to you ~ Kristy