Monday, June 05, 2006

Waiting For Meili-The Musical...

So, last night I sat down at the computer with my 10 year-old son, Taylor, for an official lesson in burning music CD's. I know...it's 2006-time to catch up! We put together a fun CD of songs that one day will remind us of all the highs and lows that are the adoption process. Some of the songs are the adoption standbys. Others are silly, ie. 'American Woman' by Lenny Kravitz-great background music for a video if Gotcha Day doesn't go smoothly... Some are just there because they happen to have the word "China" somewhere in the song or because they are upbeat and will make for a good recovery between the tear-jerkers. Here's the playlist...

Waiting for Meili-2005/2006/2007?

China Girl-David Bowie
Waiting For You-Seal
Get To Me-Train
American Woman-Lenny Kravitz
A New Day Has Come-Celine Dion
Beautiful Day-U2
Swept Away-Geoff Moore
China-Tori Amos
Here I Am-Bryan Adams
Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World-Israel K.
A Moment Like This-Kelly Clarkson
Happy Adoption Day!-John McCutcheon
Lady-Lenny Kravitz
Heaven-Live
Stay With You-Goo Goo Dolls
When Love Takes You In-Steven Curtis Chapman
Are You Gonna Be My Girl-Jet


I'd love to hear what the rest of you in blogland are listening to and/or planning to use for background in your adoption videos!

1 comment:

Ava's family said...

I love the song Swept Away and I think that I want to use that one on our video. I also love the song Here Comes The Sun. The Swept Away song gets me in tears everytime I hear it!!