Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I Think I May Have a Problem...

After dinner last night, we cleaned up a bit and headed out to the community pool for a swim. About 2 seconds after entering the pool area, I noticed a little Chinese baby girl and her family poolside. This shouldn't be a big deal, but unfortunately there just aren't many Chinese families in our area. She must have been just about a year old-not a lot of hair and walking a little unsteady on her feet. And yes, she was a doll!...And yes, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. I think I am obsessed. I couldn't help but wonder what Meili will look like, what size she will be when we bring her home, will she be a happy baby or one of the quiet, brooding types?

Then, another little Chinese girl joined them. She was a little older, under two I would guess but old enough to notice that we were looking at her and my kids were smiling at her. She thought they wanted to play and came over to us. Her mother of course followed. I commented about how beautiful her daughter was and had a little chat with her. I wanted so badly to blurt out our apologies for staring at her daughter and explain our reasons why..but I didn't. So they probably went home thinking that Tucson now has an official Chinese baby-stalker! I think it does. ;o)

2 comments:

Ava's family said...

I'm sure I've freaked a few parents out while staring at the beautiful Chinese daughters! If I catch someone staring at Ava I think I'll just say.....are you still paperchasing or are your DTC yet?

Angela said...

Oh, I have run into so many here, and I usually do talk to them. I have found the easiest way to bring it up, is to ask them if they are in the local FCC group. They automatically know that If I know what an FCC group even is, then I must be in it too. It is a touchy subject for some people, I don't want to just ask, is she adopted? When ever it is me, I will gladly talk to anyone! You just never know who is thinking of adopting! And if I can help answer people's questions I will, if it means getting the word out there!