Saturday, June 24, 2006

Our 5 Seconds of Fame

Our local newspaper is working on an article about international adoption and you will never guess who was interviewed for the article... The reporter is interviewing families that are considering adoption, in the process of adoption and a few that have completed their adoptions. We are the "in the process" family. I think that the reporter thought she was getting a "two-fer" interviewing me since we are a waiting family and I also work in the adoption field. She asked some interesting questions that you just can't respond to with a short answer and wanted a lot of speculation on my part about what is going on in China. She was probably a bit disappointed that I wasn't willing to speak for the CCAA. I did ask to review the copy before it is printed just to make sure that I wasn't misunderstood or misquoted but I anticipate a positive article. If anything, we'll end up with a little momento for Meili's lifebook. To top it off, we have had a photographer at our house twice. Once, to photograph the interview and again to photograph our whole brood around the dinner table. I was tempted to serve Cheerios for dinner just for fun!

No comments: