Monday, March 09, 2009

Projections and Predictions...

Every month, shortly after referrals come out, RQ puts out a 'Projections' post. Based on several historical scenarios, she comes up with a chart like this one to give us a guesstimate about when our referral might arrive. (Things have been averaging out somewhere between the Spring 2008 Small and Winter 2008 (Horrid) scenarios, FYI) I remember the first time that our log in date actually appeared on the chart. It was monumental just to see it sneak into one of the 'now too good to be true' categories. I noticed on the most recent chart that now there is only one box in the chart that does NOT include us! In China adoption land, I guess we'll celebrate anything that looks like it might resemble progress...

I'm working on a poll to gather up some predictions about when our referral will arrive and Meili's age and province. I'll come up with some prizes , as well. My official guess is that we'll receive the call on Monday, May 4th, that Meili will be about 8 months old (would be really freaky if we find out that she was born on September 6th when I had a dream about her) and my agency seems to get a lot of referrals from Jiangxi province so I'll guess that she might be there...

No comments: