Monday, April 27, 2009

An Amazing Gift...

My sister, Janine ('Bean' to me and 'Aunt Nini' to my kids), surprised us this past weekend by sending this beautiful ladybug quilt that she made for Meili. I knew that she had purchased fabric a while back and had the project in mind but between her full time school psych internship and finishing up her master's degree, I never expected that she would have it done so soon. I'm still trying to figure out where she found the time! I am just not a person who cries (I find yelling to be much more effective...) but this gift brought me to tears. What an amazing gift-thank you, Bean!


I love the cherry blossom fabric that she chose for the backing.
Our Aunt Nancy helped Janine do the quilt stitching
and Janine embroidered the tag above by hand!

3 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE...LOVE....LOVE..
The quilt.. that is BEAUTIFUL...
Have a great week..
That would bring me to tears also..

Lisa and Tate said...

Sooooo cute!!! You have a talented and thoughtful sister and Aunt.

Keira said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift for Meili!