Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Chicken Pox Pandemonium!!!

I came home this morning after running some errands to find the kids' school phone number on the caller ID 4 TIMES! This can never be good news so I called the school immediately and was connected to the school nurse who informed me that my daughter, Audrey, had the chicken pox!!! I didn't know whether to laugh or yell at the nurse. I knew for a fact that she did NOT have the Chicken Pox. In fact, I had just lubed her up earlier that morning for a decent sized Eczema flare-up. I told the nurse that she did not have cp but a good case of eczema that she had been treated for this morning. She said that she needed me to come to the school and pick her up and that I couldn't bring her back until I had a note from a pediatrician stating that she did not have chicken pox. Of all the STUPID things to waste a day on!!! To make a LONG story short, Audrey ended up at the pediatrician's office where both the doctor and the nurse couldn't examine her with a straight face. They were also mesmerized by the stupidity of the school nurse and recommended that I return Audrey to school along with some internet pics of real Chicken Pox so that future parents' days aren't wasted seeking unnecessary medical treatment.

No comments: