Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Officially Baby Hungry


If I were to tell the truth, I'd have to say that after the arrival of each of our children I've experienced a "done" period. I daydream about the time in my life when I will not have any stinky diapers to change, no yogurt to clean out of the carpet, no gum to pick out of someone's hair, a day when I can clean the house and it stays that way for more than 5 seconds, just once being able to pee without having a child join me...you get the idea. Then, just about the time that potty training is in sight, it happens. I start to notice babies at church or at the grocery store and I WANT ONE.

Today officially marks the longest I have gone (in my 11 years of parenthood, at least) without a new baby. Taylor and Audrey are 2 years and 8 months apart. Audrey and Noah are 12 days shy of being 3 years apart & Noah and Xander are 2 years and 5 months apart. Xander turns 3 in 11 days and is almost potty trained (finally!) I thought that I would be ecstatic to be diaper-free for the first time in 11 years. Believe me, I am...but it's also a bit weird.

No comments: