Monday, October 09, 2006

Calling All Waiting Desert Dwellers!



Plans are in the works for a get-together on Saturday, January 13th, 2007 in Tucson, AZ for Desert Dwellers (and anyone who cares to make the trip!) who are waiting for their Chinese daughters or sons. I know that January seems a long way off but with the holidays coming up, I thought we should set a date and make it official before we get swept away in holiday preparations.

Details will follow but so far plans include meeting at a Chinese (or Mexican) restaurant for lunch, pedicures (because we will still be wearing flip-flops in January down here!), and then coming back to my home for dessert and China/adoption inspired fun and games. It should be lots of fun and a chance to meet and visit with others in the same 'slow boat to China!' Post a comment or email me at azboutons@comcast.net if you are interested in attending. Hope you can join us!

1 comment:

OziMum said...

Great idea! Hmmmm... unfortunately the trip from Australia for a one day event... probably wouldn't seem practical to my husband!

Hope you have an awesome time! I know Jan seems along way off, but with Christmas rapidly approaching - I'm sure it'll be January in no time!