Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Somebody Has Noticed That We Are Doing Some SERIOUS Shopping...

Granted, this is subtle enough not to turn away the average consumer-but if I can spot a Chinese baby in a crowd 5 miles down the road, this ad wasn't going to get by me! I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted. Apparently, as consumers of all things baby, the China adoption community is such a force to be reckoned with that there are now ads created just to tug at OUR heartstrings and capitalize on what is the slippery slope of our sanity with the ever increasing wait to referral. Perhaps the increase in wait times is having an effect on retail-America. Maybe the increased wait times are actually a conspiracy between our two countries to extend the period of time that we will be dumping money into the American economy?

What are we all dreaming of? Having our babies home by Christmas! Of course, now it's Christmas 2007, not Christmas 2006, but I digress... Now, thanks to The Children's Pl*ce, the dream won't be complete without coordinating pajamas!!!!

3 comments:

Ava's family said...

I think I'm going to have a problem trying to get Jeff to wear matching PJ's! =) I haven't seen that ad before.....interesting.

OziMum said...

Some marketing exec's have a lot to answer for , I reckon.

t~ said...

We waiting families are certainly a market to tap into. Not really sure about that ad though, I've never seen it before.