Friday, July 27, 2007

Christmas in July!

Look what I picked up today!!! (Double click on the picture to enlarge and see if you can find your square!)
It's been almost 2 years in the making but the squares have been united and Meili's quilt is almost done! I think that Betty did a wonderful job. It turned out even better than I had imagined it in my head! I love the red and black fan border!
Here's a closeup:
It is so cool to look at each of the squares and think of the people who sent them along with their wishes for Meili. What a treasure! I can't wait to look at it with her one day and talk with her about all of the people who were thinking of her and waiting for her along with us...
After I spread the quilt top out on the floor to snap a few photos, the kids had a great time looking for each of their squares and finding the squares from their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. I so appreciate all of the squares from friends we know and friends from blogland!
On Monday morning, I'm off to an appt with the long arm stitch lady. She is hunting for a ladybug stitch design for us. If she can't find one, I may just opt for a meandering 'red thread' design. I'm also hoping to have a small tag embroidered that says, "100 Good Wishes for Meili-2007" to stitch into the binding on the back of the quilt. It could be done as soon as late next week-I'll be sure to post more pics!

Betty has done a fantastic job and she was quick and very reasonably priced! If you would like her to do a quilt top for you, send me an email and I'll put you in contact with her.

2 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Yippee, I found my square!!! This quilt really turned out stunning! Makes me want to get going on Tate's!!!

Lisa

jennifer said...

How exciting! You're getting so close. I might have to get her information from you when I get closer.