Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter 2008!

Long post-go grab a Diet Coke....
Right now all of our parents, siblings, nieces and nephews live in S. California and we're the odd family out living in AZ. It was neat to be out there for a visit and see what it would be like to live near our families, especially during a holiday. We had to strategically plan our weekend so as not to miss anyone. On Saturday, we stayed at Matt's parents' house and the cousins (10 in all!) had an egg hunt. One little nephew has some diet restrictions so the eggs were filled with non-candy items. It was tough to think outside of my chocolate box and come up with a variety of things to put in the eggs. In the end, some boys ended up with lipgloss, etc. but otherwise I think they had a good time!

Filling up bubble containers for the boys...

Noah and cousin Maya hanging out together. Audrey with Maya and Madison (who is actually Matt's cousing but is our kids' age).

Cupcake Decorating...
That's Matt's sister, Jennie in the background. She's expecting a boy in July and they have decided to name him 'Mavrik.' We're just glad that they gave up on 'Otto!' ;o) Can't wait to meet him!

Now onto Sunday's events...

The Easter Bunny found us even though we were out of town.



After a delicious breakfast (thanks Grandma Debbie!) we went to church with my parents. I saw some people that I hadn't seen in about 15 years. It made me feel old to find out that the kids I used to babysit are now married and having children of their own! One lady actually asked Matt if I had ever gotten over my Michael Jackson obsession-maybe getting older is a good thing...

After church we went back to my parents' house and met up with all of my brothers and sisters. There are seven of us in all and here's a rare photo of all of us together. From left to right there's James (31), Jared(15), Jeff (19), Julianne (18), me (34), Jason (27), and Janine (23). Notice anything? Yep, my parents gave us all 'J' names. Guess what else? My parents are Jim and Judy and all 9 of us have middles names that start with an 'E!' Here are my parents with the grandkids (-1, We missed you, Anjeline!) From left to right-Taylor, Emilie, Noah, Xander, Audrey, Rebecca and Hailey.
And here's the whole fam damily-

After yet another delicious meal, we all walked up to a park and played tennis (or at least tried to) and watched the kids play. We had a great time and miss everyone already!

No comments: