Friday, July 14, 2006

Meili's Blessing Dress


I ordered this for Meili the other day. It should arrive any time now. I guess that I had so much fun finding Audrey's baptism dress that with that event over with, I had to move on the the next event apparel. My parents and littlest brother (he's 13) returned from a trip to China about 6 months ago. They covered the major highlights in a good portion of the country. Per my request, my mom searched for a Meili sized, white Chinese silk dress wherever she went and didn't find one (probably because white is considered a color of mourning in China.) I've since learned that you can probably find one in Guangzhou where many of the shops cater to crazy Americans like myself who want a white dress for their daughters' religious ceremonies. When I saw this on the China Sprout website for $17.00 (on clearance, of course!), I couldn't pass it up. So not only am I off the hook for tracking one down in China, but I also get to buy something else while there to fill the space that this dress won't be taking up! Next shopping pursuit: We are going to Yellowstone via Utah (aka Land of the Big Bow) and plan to hit the craft shops and pick up as many headband bows in as many colors as a baby's head can handle...can't wait to see my husband roll his eyes!

No comments: