Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My Seven Things...

Ok, I've been tagged by Erin! I am supposed to list seven things about myself under seven headings then tag seven people. I think that I am the last person to finally post mine so if you are reading this and haven't been tagged...well, now you are!

7 Things I Would Like to Do Before I Die:

-Turn 100!..better lay off of the potato chips, I guess
-Learn to play the piano well enough to play at church
-Serve an LDS mission to China with my husband
-See my kids grow up to be happy and successful
-Climb the Great Wall...working on that one!
-complete baby books and videos for all of my children
-Get a Master's degree. Not sure in what yet-Social Work, Education, or Communication/Broadcast Journalism...still have that unfulfilled desire to be a news chick...

7 Things I Cannot Do

-Tolerate stupidity
-Drink liquid until I am finished with a meal
-Post a picture of the inside of my fridge or pantry on my blog
-Relax without worrying about what I am not accomplishing while I am trying to relax
-Go to the grocery store without a list-I'm a list freak
-Let my kids wear clothing with iron-on cartoon characters on them-unless it's underwear
-Potty train Xander. Have I really done this 3 times before?

7 Things I Can Do

-Find a bargain on ANYTHING
-tell anybody their business
-Make balloon animals, a useless talent that comes in handy at my kids b-day parties
-can peaches-It's almost peach season, can't wait!
-regrout tile in a shower-surround while breastfeeding-We managed and maintained apartments when we were starving college students with our first child...awkward but it worked! I can also breastfeed a child in the car without removing them from their carseat. (If the women in the National Geographic magazines had cars, they could do it too...)
-Multitask. I believe that the ability to do so is the primary distinction between the genders
-Be a mom to five children

7 Things That Attracted Me To My Husband

-His intelligence
-His kindness and compassion for others
-His Opal Manta!
-Definitely NOT his crotch length OP cords-When I think back to seeing him in those back in 1987 (we were 12!) I can't believe that we have since mated... It was not a pretty picture.
-His muscular biceps-and he's still got 'em!
-His 6-pack. It's in there somewhere, I'm sure but I can't talk-I never had one to begin with!
-His self-motivated nature and ability to finish what he starts.

7 Things I Say Most Often:

-"Go somewhere!" when all 4 kids are hovering within a 5 foot radius for no particular reason
-"Are you dry?"...trying to potty train Xander
-"Get your chores done!"
-"I love being your mother."
-"You're my favorite (insert age of child) year-old."
-"LOAD UP!!!" when its time to get all of us out the door.
-"Let me eat in peace!!!" according to Taylor

7 Books I Love:

-The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
-The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
-To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
-The Professor's House by Willa Cather
-The Waiting Child by Cindy Champnella-If there's any question in your mind about whether you are ready to adopt a child from China, read this book. If you about have an aneurism trying not to bawl your eyes out while reading it, then you're ready. If you don't, then you need to check yourself for a pulse. ;o)
-The Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle series by Barbara Park-This is the original Super Nanny...Great for kids of all ages!
-The Book of Mormon (Hey, its my list!)

-7 Movies That I Love:

-The Wedding Singer (the greatest movie of all time if you are 'preoccupied with 1985' like I am!)
-The latest Pirates of the Caribbean
-Independence Day-have to watch it every July 4th
-China's Lost Girls-not really a movie, but so well-done
-50 First Dates-yep, love Adam Sandler
-Armageddon-Love anything with Steve Buscemi in it! He is my favorite actor, hands down...so weird-looking, you just have to watch.
-The Cheaper by the Dozen movies-not gonna win any Oscar's and not a big fan of Steve Martin but makes me feel oh so much better about the chaos in my own home!

2 comments:

Beckyb said...

Such a fun blog - we are paperchasing right now almost DTC we hope!!! It's our second adoption to China so we are thrilled that God has even allowed us to make it work!!
Just wanted you to know I enjoyed your blog.
Becky

Erin said...

Thank you for the list! And I totally agree with you on "The Wedding Singer". Absolute greatness!