Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hope I Don't Jinx Things By Posting This...

... but it looks like THE STORK IS FLYING!!! There are several European countries as well as a couple of US agencies reporting that the cut off date is March 14th! We are logged in on the 10th and our friends are logged in on the 13th so this is GREAT news!!! Several agencies are also reporting that referrals have been mailed and there is actually a report that an agency in Denmark has already received referrals. It is very likely that we will recieve THE CALL on Thursday!!!


The last several weeks have been rough. There were reports that referrals may be delayed until September due to the swine flu. None of this was confirmed by our agency but when your 6-8 month adoption stretches into it's 39th month, you start to put some stock in worse case scenarios. I've seen the end of my rope and it's not a fun place to be.

So, this news comes completely out of left field for us and it's hard not to think it's too good to be true. Hopefully the next 48 hours will prove otherwise and the little girl that we have been dreaming about for years will finally have a face!

***UPDATE*** Our agency is expecting a package on Thursday...I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE!

8 comments:

Megi & Cary said...

Jenn - I am so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures (THIS WEEK)! Gosh, has this been a long journey - just wait 'till you get that picture - it is AMAZING! Hugs to you!!!! Megi

Dana said...

I am crying for you right now.... can't wait to see a picture and celebrate with you. Yeah! Dana

Lucky Mama said...

How will you make it though the next 24 hours! OHHHHHHH happy tears.

Luna said...

OMG, THURSDAY?? ARE YOU KIDDING???!!! ;) How did I miss this?! ;)

I'm sooooooo excited for you...Your time has FINALLY come to see that precious girl of yours!! I can hardly wait to see her myself!!!!

Mark and Heather said...

Keep us updated! We are so excited for you!

Debbie said...

So excited for you!!! Praying for news tomorrow!!!

Unknown said...

Good luck, Jennifer, Matt, and Kiddos! I'll have my phone on!! :) I cannot wait to see my niece!!

Shannon said...

So excited for You (and me)!!!

Oh and I borowed your stork photo..hope that is okay!?! :)