Tuesday, May 05, 2009

If Hell Were Personalized...

I've said out loud before that if hell were personalized, mine would be spent standing at a kitchen counter making sack lunches throughout the eternities. In fact, my kiddos only have 12 more days of school left to finish out the year and I'm already counting down the sack lunches!

Anyway, I change my mind. I am a problem solver by nature and somewhat of a control freak so you can imagine how the current adoption situation we find ourselves in makes me feel. Our baby has been born. She is in China. She is in an orphanage. We don't know who she is but we have loved her for a very long time. I have no idea about the standard of care that she is receiving. Her file has been prepared. It is sitting on a desk. She is ready to be matched with a family and to come home but the whole process is at a stand still. And there is not a darn thing I can do about it. I can stuff my face with chocolate, make lists and buy diaperbags all day long but it's not going to bring her home any faster. I'm tired of waiting. I'm even tired of complaining about waiting, believe it or not. I know that it will all work out as it is supposed to in the end. But in the meantime, this is hell.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I know this is won't help - but it will all be worth it someday. Sometimes we start on a journey and all we can see is the finish line. What really makes us who we are is what happens along the way. When little Meili is in your arms, you'll have become the person she needs to be her Mom.

Lisa and Tate said...

I am so frustrated for you guys! It is really hard to wait once you see the face.... but the unknown is so hard. You are just a stupid swine flu away from knowing! Only wish the media would go to h**l... they are the evil germs blowing this way out of proportion.

Kay Bratt said...

Like childbirth, all the bad memories will be swept away when your baby is in your arms!