Thursday, May 21, 2009

Is Today THE Day?


If it's not, I'm going to have to be hauled away to the looney bin in restraints!


Here's what we know:



  • Our agency expects to receive a package (THE package!) by 1 pm central time (which is 11 am our time) but history tells us that it may arrive any time between 10 and 2 (which is between 8 and 12 for us.)

  • The agency will send out a 'STORK HAS LANDED' email just before they begin to make calls. When I see that email come in, I'm going to be wearing depends and breathing into a paper sack...;o)

  • After all the worry about what to do if the call came while Matt was at work, he just happens to have the day off today. No plan-just coincidence!

  • We will be at Taylor's 8th grade promotion from 7:30-8:30 am so I hope the call doesn't come then. But just in case, I'll have a camera in one had and videocamera in the other...luckily, so will all the other parents.

  • Our children have NO IDEA that referrals are eminent. Today is the last day of school for them and they have been really sad that another school year is about to wrap up and they still don't have a picture of their sister to share with their friends. We have received permission from Noah's and Audrey's teachers to pop into their classrooms with a picture tomorrow ***IF*** we have one before the school day is over!

  • At 1 pm, Matt and I have to go to the police station to be fingerprinted for our home study update so we hope to have some info before then or it will be hard to leave the house.

  • Shortly after kids get home from school, Noah and I are heading to the Taylor Swift concert so dreams are coming true on a number of levels for certain family members today! This is so not what I had in mind for a referral night celebration (I loathe anything remotely Country) but I love ALL of my children and this is as big as it gets for #3.

  • We may not post a pic for a few days here on the blog so be patient with us. We want to take some time to take it all in and share it in person and by email with several friends and family members before throwing it out here for the general public and it might take the weekend to do so. We have been looking forward to this day for SOOOO long that we plan to milk it for all that it's worth. ;o)

3 comments:

Linda and David said...

Hey Jenn! We're anxiously waiting to hear ANY news, too! We're in the same time zone as our agency. This wait is killing us, but it looks like we may be moving to the next stage of waiting! I hope we get the news of our lives today!!!

Linda and David said...

Hey Jenn! We're anxiously waiting to hear ANY news, too! We're in the same time zone as our agency. This wait is killing us, but it looks like we may be moving to the next stage of waiting! I hope we get the news of our lives today!!!

Sherri said...

Congrats!! on this wonderful day of yours. I have to say I love what you said on #2 about the Stork and wearing depends, that's GREAT!!