Monday, January 09, 2006

And They're Off!!!


We did it! Our final dossier documents are in the mail to our agency! I felt like such an idiot getting choked up waiting in line at Fed Ex/Kinko's. I was prepared to ask the person at the counter for a quick snapshot of the process, but decided that the required explanation would have pushed me over the edge into complete melt-down mode and I just wasn't in the mood for that :o) I did snap a quick pic of Xander and Noah holding the envelope on our way, though.

Most people who are adopting would be sending a completed dossier to their agency and be days away from having their paperwork sent off to China. That is not the case for us since we are utilizing our agency's dossier preparation service. They will see that the I-171H is certified and authenticated for us. Once that is done (3-5weeks?-I'm tired of guessing at these things and being disappointed!) then our completely certified and authenticated dossier will go to China on the following Friday. It is very nice not to have to worry about that part of it all, but now that I have a better understanding of the process, I would never pay for the service (we won a free package at an adoption conference so we didn't have to.) The main reason is because I am a control freak and would have loved to track the documents through myself and see what the end result looks like. It really is not a difficult process-especially for type A's like myself. And I would have loved to have a picture of the completed monstrosity for Meili's scrapbook-I know that she will get over it sooner than I will...

So...as far as we are concerned, THE PAPERCHASE IS OVER!!! I did hear a cyber-rumor that the wait time is expected to jump to 13 months. So, don't worry-there will be plenty for me to gripe about in upcoming posts!

No comments: