Friday, January 13, 2006

We've got a snowball's chance in you-know-where...

to be DTC in January!!! I sent an e-mail to our agency today asking about the expected turn-around time for the certification of our I-171H. The reply was that it could take a week. That means it could be done by next Tuesday, the 17th-let's say the 18th because of the holiday. We are hiring a courier to walk the document through the LA Embassy for authentication. Let's pretend that the courier receives the document on the 19th, drops it off on the 20th, picks it up on the 23rd and gets it back to our agency by the 25th. I have read somewhere in my stack of a gazillion papers that if a completed dossier is recieved at GWCA by 10 a.m.? 12 noon? on a Wednesday, then it will be sent to China that Friday. I have read on other blogs that some agencies take a few weeks to review and translate the documents before sending them out. It is my understanding that our documents have been reviewed as they have been received and I am guessing that they are translated by their Beijing office??? Any Great Waller's out there that can confirm or refute my thought process here??? I guess that we may have to just wait and see how the snowball holds up!

1 comment:

Elle said...

Oh, no! That has to be frustrating... Hopefully, they will get it done next week.

You are right about GW reviewing the documents as they received them. We also had to fax each document after being notarized to ensure that it was correct. I think they are translated in China.

Shelli
www.turnipsandcarrots.blogspot.com