Friday, January 20, 2006

The Snowball's Not Gonna Make It...

My new hobby has become checking my FedEx account for signs that our I-171H has left Phoenix in certified condition and is heading to our agency in San Antonio. How sad is that? I am getting some grief from my UPS-employed husband for "consorting with the enemy." As of right now, it has not "left the building." So...there is no chance that our dossier will go to China in January. In fact, we expect that it will be delayed from being sent when it is ready because there will be no one there to receive it due to the Chinese New Year celebrations. Things will shut down in China from the 29th of Jan. through the 12th of Feb. Realistically, we are looking at a March log in date. Oh, well. It is like Matt says, "No use worrying about something that you have no control over." This patience thing sucks.

I did join the Feb2006DTC yahoo group yesterday. That is a milestone that we are happy to achieve. It should be fun-already sign-ups for a Secret Pal gift exchange. I always love a good reason to shop!

I spent this morning with Jackie (our homestudy social-worker and my new employer.) I am learning about the "other side" of the homestudy process. I am excited to get started. The only problem is that Tucson isn't exactly the hot spot for adoptions right now. We are waiting for a client. In the meantime, I am learning what I can about the adoption requirements and processes for countries like Russia, Guatemala, Vietnam etc. Very interesting...

I am off to seal the tile grout in our kitchen. Whoopee!!!

2 comments:

Elle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elle said...

Argh...I am so sorry. Believe me, I know how frustrating delays are. I was hoping that we would be able to travel together!

I must have just seen "snowballs" in the title and didn't read your new post - Oops!

-S