Monday, January 30, 2006

Happy Chinese New Year!!!



I woke up this morning thinking that next year I will have to make up for my lack of enthusiasm about this holiday this year. Right now it just means closures and delays in our dossier finally reaching China! Our I-171H should have arrived at the Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles last Friday. It will be closed today and tomorrow. We should be able to have the I-171H authenticated and returned to our agency by Wednesday of next week. That would mean a DTC date of February 10th. Then the celebrating will begin!

3 comments:

Ava's family said...

I'm right there with ya sister on
your lack of enthusiasm with the
Holiday (THIS year). It's slowing
us down from being DTC sooner. But,
when I really think about it, maybe not because it's slowing EVERYONE down. Do I have something here or am I just trying to make us feel better?
Lisa

Jenn said...

I like it! I am going with your thought process. I was also thinking how much more it would stink to have CNY hold up travel once we have have our referrals! It could always be worse. Here's crossing our fingers for the 10th! What are you guys going to do to celebrate DTC?

Ava's family said...

I'm sure our celebration will involve food....maybe a DTC cake!
I have also been holding off on shopping for the baby (didn't want
to jinx anything) so, maybe I'll do
some of that too! How about you guys?