Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Where, Oh Where is My I-171H???

I just got off the phone with the notary department at the Arizona Secretary of State's office in Phoenix. We had anticipated a 1 week turn-around time for our I-171H certification and as of this morning there is no tracking info on the FedEx website. Anyway, the person I spoke with said that it was processed and sent out on the 17th which was a week after it was recieved and almost a week ago at this point. My agency sent a FedEx overnight envelope along with it so where in the heck is that thing??? I have left a message with our dossier consultant. Surely she would have sent an e-mail if they had received it certified and had sent it off for authentication. They know that we care about the details, right?

A few hours later... I came home to a message from the dossier consultant at Great Wall saying that she also contacted the Arizona Secretary of State and confirmed what I already knew but also that they have no record of sending it out. In addition, she is having Fed Ex run a trace. So...basically, the stupid thing is lost. AZ SoS is supposed to be checking their desks and out boxes for it. I hope it turns up. It would suck nuts to have to wait for the I-171H to be resubmitted from USCIS again. AAAHHHHH!!!!! Calgon, take me away!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Elle said...

NO NO NO!!! I would be frantic. I'm thinking about you. Hope they find it today!