Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Big Boy Preschool

My littlest guy had his first day of preschool today! We have been talking about this day for months and he has been excited. At least he was until I brought out the camera...Here he is telling me that he will only let me take his picture if he can be IN the tree. One thing that parenthood has taught me is that you have to pick your battles. I decided that this wasn't one of them and into the tree he went.
I did a co-op preschool with X last year and with N the two years before that and several times with A and T. I've decided that I am done with those for a variety of reasons. This year X is going to preschool at Mrs. Jackson's (X loves that she has the same name as his dog) so school will be held in a home, just not mine!!! Since preschool won't be at our and his friends houses and and his teacher won't be me or his friends' moms, X has decided that this arrangement is called 'big boy preschool.' I call it FREEDOM!!!! j/k
Mrs. Jackson has a very nice preschool set up in her home. When you step into the preschool room, you forget that you are actually in someone's home! X followed his first set of instructions and found the journal with his name on it and sat down. Whew!
What a sweetie this boy is. He has his challenging moments but he is a smart and imaginative boy. Dare I say, one of the hidden blessings of the delay in our adoption has been the opportunity to spend one on one time with him all day this year while the other three are at school. He amazes me and cracks me up every day. I'm excited to see what this year brings!

1 comment: