Monday, September 24, 2007

My Baby is 4!

Yep, Xander turned 4 today and we have been celebrating all weekend. We let Xander choose what he wanted to do on Saturday and he picked bowling so bowling it was. I love this pic of X and Matt. Matt always teases me about closing my eyes in pics and here he is guilty along with his son...
After bowling we headed over to Swensen's. They have amazing hamburgers and homemade icecream. Xander calls it the train restaurant because they have a model trail running around the restaurant up near the ceiling.
Xander ordered bubble gum icecream and was a bit surprised to find about 20 whole gumballs in his scoop. He wasn't quite sure what to do with them...
Here he is on his actual birthday making sure we know how old he now is...
I love this. He really struggled to open this one.
I love how quickly his face recovered.
We had plans for a friend-party but the scheduling just didn't work out. One of the many nice things about having a large family is that even though we don't have any extended family nearby, there are enough of us to be our own party! When Xander mentioned that he wanted a Spiderman pinata for his birthday, it seemed a little silly to have a pinata all to ourselves but we certainly had enough participants to make it worth while. Xander was a little nervous with his eyes covered...
He was much happier to take a whack at it with his eyes open. And yes, that is a light saber and not a baseball bat. After Noah saw this done at Camden's Star Wars party last weekend, a baseball bat mysteriously 'could not be found' in the garage...
In my never-ending quest to save a buck, I decided to buy a cake decorating kit and make my own Spiderman cake. We had a few casualties (it was supposed to be a round cake, etc.) but it turned out okay for a first try. Someday when I am bored I think I'll make some frosting and practice with the different tools. Xander was happy anyway and like Papa Jim-Jim says,
"It's gonna look worse when it hits your stomach."
Happy Birthday, Xanderbonie! We love you!

No comments: